Tummy Tuck Surgery or Tummy Tuck in Delhi (South Delhi), India
Abdominoplasty/Tummy Tuck Surgery
Abdominoplasty/Tummy Tuck Surgery: Introduction
Tummy Tuck Surgery also known as Abdominoplasty is a cosmetic surgery that firms and flattens the abdomen by removing the excess fat and tightens muscles around the abdomen. Through this cosmetic surgery stretch marks around the lower abdomen can also be removed to an extent. When dieting and exercising is not giving the required results, then in such case tummy tuck can be of a lot of help. It can perfectly remove the stubborn tissue and melt down the fat cells that were made you believe that it is going to remain forever. Tummy tuck surgery comprises of various variations that targets particular body part or certain issues.
But, remember it is a major surgery that requires anaesthesia and thus it is important to know about the procedure completely and then only make any decision
Why Tummy Tuck is performed?
Tummy tuck is a cosmetic surgery that is done, so that you can experience being thinner and sexier. There are people who are trying hard, sweating, doing exercises and dieting without any results. This surgery helps such men and women in getting rid of the stubborn excess fat from the abdomen area. Women usually prefer to undergo this surgery after their pregnancy when the skin becomes stretched causes stretch marks or excessive weight loss when the skin becomes saggy. During this cosmetic surgery, a new belly button is also recreated by the surgeons using umbilicoplasty.
People considering Abdominoplasty/ tummy tuck surgery must know about its benefits as well as the side effects before they actually make the final decision of undergoing this surgery.
Benefits of Tummy Tuck Surgery
There are numerous benefits from the tummy tuck surgery. As per the survey, it was found that from the year 2000 to 2014 there has been a massive increase in the number of people adopting tummy tuck procedure. Most individuals adopt this surgery for cosmetic reason, but they also provide some medical benefits.
- Reduces Stress Urinary Incontinence: After a normal delivery some women develop SUI i.e. Stress Urinary Incontinence. This is basically associated with the problem related to bladder control that causes uncontrolled leakage that occurs while sneezing, laughing or exercising. Usually surgery is not opted for treating SUI. From the studies, it was found that tummy tuck surgery can actually help such patients from recovering from such situations. In this type of Tummy tuck surgery for reducing incontinence sight bladder obstruction is formed with the help of soft tissues near pelvic area.
- Flatter Tighter and Improved Abdomen: Extreme weight loss or after pregnancy the muscle around the abdomen becomes loose that may be hard to recover even after dieting and regular exercising regime. Tummy Tuck surgery helps in removing the excess fat and skin tissues and tightens the abdomen muscle to give you a flatter and narrower waist.
- Better Posture: Tummy Tuck surgery helps a lot in improving the body posture that automatically helps in relieving back pain issues. The improved body posture and improved abdominal shape is also responsible for boosting up self confidence.
- Corrects Ventral Hernia: Massive weight loss, C-sections or appendectomies may cause ventral Hernia. Tummy tuck surgery tightens the abdominal muscles and flattens the skin and when it is combined with hernia repair it strengthens the abdominal wall and prevents ventral hernia from reoccurring.
- Removes Stretch Marks: Tummy Tuck is a surgical procedure that removes the large folds of skin along with the skin that comprises of unavoidable, ugly stretch marks. They remove stretch marks by either removing the affected skin completely or by tightening the skin around that area.
Side effects of Tummy Tuck
Every cosmetic surgery carries some potential risks or side effects, and tummy tuck surgery is not an exception. Some common side effects that a patient may experience after this surgery for some months are swelling, pain, numbness, bruising, fatigue, grogginess and tiredness. Some of the other side effects of tummy tuck surgery/ abdominoplasty are as follows:
- Slow healing leads to scarring that may lead to another surgery. Even though if the healing time is normal still tummy tuck surgery gives prominent scars that may fade a little but they won’t disappear. The Surgeon may prescribe creams for reducing the scar marks.
- From the area where the tummy tuck surgery is performed small amount of bleeding or leakage may normally be noticed at times. In some cases, bleeding may even below the flap of skin that needs quick medical attention so that blood loss and other complications can be prevented.
- Tummy tuck surgery may cause severe infection if not treated at the right time. To avoid infection the operated area must be kept clean as per the surgeon’s instruction.
- Some people with health issues such as diabetes, heart, liver or lung diseases develop blood clots. These blood clots may hamper the flow of blood in the body. If this the blood clot travels to the brain or heart, it may lead to heart attack, brain haemorrhage or sudden death.
Instructions for After Care
- After the Tummy Tuck surgery the surgeon may ask the patient to get out of bed for preventing post-operative problems. The patient must do lung exercise for keeping lungs clean.
- To release the tension on the suture line the patient is advised to walk slowly for a week after the surgery. They also advised to place their hips in a flexed position when relaxing or sleeping.
- Discomfort can be avoided by taking the prescribed medicines in time
- Keep head at 30 degrees and knees flexed for the body comfortable
- Take liquid diet to avoid nausea and gas
- Continuously wear a binder for a week or two
- On the incision prescribed ointment must be applied twice a day
- Apply scar cream for around 6 months, so that the wound can be healed completely
- Avoid exercising, running, swimming and sexual activity for at least a month or so
- Avoid driving for at least a week
- Avoid taking aspirin or similar products for at least 3 weeks after the tummy tuck surgery
- Avoid lifting heavy things
- Avoid soda
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat healthy and balanced diet
- Keep patience because the healing process is very long. Remember that you can do it as it is best for you
Last but not the least, you must always trust your instinct in the matter revolving round your body. If you feel that something is not right then calls your doctor right away and fix the appointment as soon as possible. It is better to get yourself checked rather than suffer.
Call us now to get the free consultation and best prices for Abdominoplasty or Surgery of Tummy Tuck in Delhi.